A versatile Embossing board,
designed to be used with card, paper and parchment. Perfect for creating beautiful cards, toppers and tags. With this board you can now make stunning paper craft projects by adding layers and dimension to your project.
It offers 25 Decorative shapes in varying sizes including:
- 5 Square Designs
- 6 Rounded Shapes
- 5 Rectanguar Shapes
- 6 Small Designs suitable for DL cards
- Scalloped Patterns
- 2 Corner Designs
- Translucent Design: Use with or without Light Box
- Alignment guides to aid Matting and layering,
- Designed to Fit A5, A6 and DL card sizes.
Tips on Using the Mandala Reflections Embossing Board
Simply place card or paper over your chosen design on the Mandala Board and emboss using either a 3mm or 5mm ball tool. You may wish to cut around the embossed image using scissors or a craft knife.
Shaping or Embossing Greetings Cards
The Larger designs are designed to shape cards. Placing the card against the raised edges of the board will align the shapes to the card. The large square and circular designs are aligned for A5 cards, the rectangular shapes are aligned for A6 cards and the small square shapes are suitable for positioning along a DL card.
- You may wish to place the Mandala Reflections Board on a lightbox. This will enable you to see the embossing grooves in the board. Note, it will not work for dark card and Mirror card.
- It may be helpful to fix your card to the board with repositionable adhesive dots.
- To get sharper embossed images treat with Paper Glide
- To obtain a sharper embossed image emboss with a 5mm ball tool and emboss a second time with a 2.8mm or 3mm ball tool.
- When cutting around your embossed image, allow a small edge (perhaps one millimeter or sixteenth of an inch). This leaves the full embossed line, making for a better finish and is easier to cut.
- Use for Layering, Stamping, Gift boxes, gift tags, wedding stationary and more...
Card Making Ideas using Mandala Board
All the Cards Below have been Embossed using the above Mandala Reflections Embossing Board.
£15-95 and the double ended embossing tool.
Baby Love Card
Congratulaions" taken from Card-io Sentiments: Sentiments 2
Christmas Cracker Card
The Holly on the Background has been created using The Holly stamp from The Holly and The Ivy Majestix Clear Peg Set, but a similar effect can be created using the swag from The Holly Wreath Clear Stamp Set, from which is used the wreath image for the Wreath on the Layered Front Panel.
The Lovely Christmas Verse "From our front door to yours...." is also suitable for Anniversary, Birthday, New Home and can be found on Card-io Collection Clear Stamnps Christmas Sentiments
Funky Baubles Card
This card uses Majestix Funky Baubles set. We also used the Pine Branch Wreath Clear Stamp set from the Card-io Combinations range. The wreath is a perfect fit for the Mandala board shape used.
Funky Bauble Card (open)
This card is a second photo of the above card. In the 'Open' position. Notice that the area outside the embossed image has been coloured using a Metallic Silver Pen. This has been acheived by resting the nib of the pen against the embossed edge as you draw around the edge of the card.
These two cards have both been stamped using the Card-io Collection Clear Stamp 'Heavenly Angels' set. Both cards have been finished with Crystal Glamour Dust and coloured using Promarkers. See the card below, how you can create a pretty background drawing swirls with the promarker pen. The background on the card opposite has been created by stamping the Holly stamp from Majestix Holly and The Ivy set in charcoal.
Promarker colours used in the above card are, Pastel Blue, Amethyst, Blush.